Thursday, May 19, 2011

711

So after teaching all three classes, I think I can comment on how things are / are going to be. All the students have a uniform, which consists of tan button down shirts with epaulets and matching tan pants (sometimes with a hat), and then a sweater if they're cold. All the students are super cute - upon walking into the school, we're immediately surrounded by students excited to see us (calling out "¡Profe!", short for profesor), and in some cases, I'm called "ProfeDavid." It's adorable :)

Emily and I are teaching 3 different 6th grade classes, the oldest in 711. What's interesting is how each of the 3 classes differ (mostly) based on the teacher. In 6A, the profesora is really strict, and the class is super quiet as a result. In 6B, the teacher is pretty chill and nice, and the class is really energetic and fun to teach. In 6C, the teacher seems good…but today when Emily and I taught his class for the first time, he kinda dipped out on us for all of the class, except for the first ten minutes. Read: Emily and I had to control one of the more inherently rowdy classes by ourselves (not that bad but still). Regardless of the class dynamic, I love teaching these kids, and I think that the next 7 weeks are going to be excellent. (this week we focused on icebreakers, trying and failing to remember names, and gauging their level of knowledge of the environment and english). After I work in the greenhouse tomorrow, I'll post about that aspect of my project work.


#socute #imateacherquestionmark #myspanishisbetterthanithought

No comments:

Post a Comment