Sunday, June 26, 2011

Inti Raymi pictures are up!

https://picasaweb.google.com/chou.davidw/PeruPt2

So last Friday was the Inti Raymi Festival in Cusco, one of the largest tourist festivals of the year. (In Quechua, Inti = Sun, Raymi = Festival/Party).  The cool part of the festival is that they celebrate both the Incan sun god, and the Winter Solstice.  I'm not sure I understood everything that went on, but there was an Incan, and he basically made a grand entrance and spent some time making speeches...I think.  It was all really cool to see (since we were at the Incan ruins of Saqsaywaman), and it was really, really well done.  I suggest checking out pictures at the link above to see what I mean.

The Incan


#picturesarecool #sowasintiraymi #sickagain

Update: sickness is only an intestinal infection. Not giardia!  Cipro for 3 days and I'll be good to go.

#Yaynotgiardia

No comments:

Post a Comment