Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Live, from New York!

So here I am, sitting in JFK airport for eight whole hours, waiting to get onto a flight to Lima, Peru!  I think all of us at JFK are all excited to see what's going to happen, and to just experience Peruvian life and culture!  Personally, I'm a little nervous about the work we're going to do with ProPeru, and what the community's reception to us will be.  As part of the environmental education group in Urubamba, I wonder if the community will accept the knowledge that we are trying to impart on them, or just reject it in favor of pre-existing customs.  Regardless, I think that it's going to be a great experience, and from what I've heard, the community is pretty warm and accepting to Americans (I'm somewhat interested to see what the response to Asians will be).  Since this is just a pre-Peru post, I'll keep it short, and in the future, I'll be focusing on my experiences with the culture, the people, and the food of Peru.  I currently plan to photo-document just about everything I can, and there will be a slideshow going up on the site once I start taking pictures.  For now, that's it!  Peru in 10 hours.

#excited #wowthisishappening #sickofairports

(For those of you that aren't familiar with the twitter "hashtag" (or the '#' symbol) convention, it's a way to mark the theme of a post, so I'll be doing this for the rest of my posts to mark my current mood at the time)

No comments:

Post a Comment